Perhaps, one of the most sensitive areas in our bodies are the ones involving the eyes. As the eyes are considered the windows to one’s soul, any disease or growth that involves these structures can certainly cause the person to worry.
Among the various conditions that could affect the eyes and its surrounding structures, the most common cosmetic concern are skin tags.
What are skin tags?
- Fleshy growths on skin folds that usually hang from the skin with a thin piece of tissue called a stalk.
- Benign but can cause pain when jewelry or clothing snags it
- Skin tags commonly form in the following areas:
- Under the breasts
- Groin area
- Precise cause for its formation is still unknown but can be attributed to the friction between two rubbing skin areas.
- Most commonly affects the following people:
- Middle-aged to elderly adults
- Obese people
Now that we know the possible causes for skin tags to form under the eyelids, there are certain methods on how to remove skin tags around the eyes.
Note: The eye area is a very sensitive area. It’s best to seek medical consultation first.
- Aka apple cider vinegar, possess a certain acidity that breaks the stalk’s tissue, eventually making the tag fall on its own
- How to apply:
- Soak cotton swab in apple cider vinegar and place it on the skin tag
- Wrap the area in bandage for at least 15 to 30 minutes. Wash thoroughly after.
- Repeat over a course of few weeks.
- Tying the base
- Best done on skin tags with thin bases
- How to perform:
- Use cotton or dental floss to tie off the base, cutting its blood supply.
- Wait for the skin tag to fall off on its own.
- Use of liquid nitrogen to freeze the skin tags
- Doctor numbs the area first before cutting the skin tag off with a scalpel or pair of medical scissors.
- Uses heat to burn the skin tag right off the base.
- Tying the bottom of the skin tag to remove its blood supply, eventually causing it to fall off on its own.